Yes, it's me! I miss blogging. Oh, how I miss it! So dag-nabbit, I'm making time for blogging. And that's that!
Let's play catch-up, shall we? Or maybe we're meeting for the first time... or maybe it's been so long since I've posted that you're like, "Who's this Ordinary Sarah chick? I mean, she sounds kind of familiar, but in the sea of the blogosphere, I have no clue who I'm looking at here."
Well, then... (tiny wave and nervous smile) I'm Sarah. Allow me to introduce myself with some bullet points!
- I'm Catholic. Yep, really Catholic. It's kind of my number one thing in life, ya know, because God is pretty important. It affects my whole life, which is awesome. You'll learn more about this the more you visit. Stay tuned, kiddos!
- I'm married to Mr. Ordinary. And, as of this past Easter, HE'S CATHOLIC TOO! (Each and every one of those capital letters were completely appropriate and called for. Nothing in the world makes me happier, since I'm kind of responsible for his mortal soul and all.) We met in the Army during Basic Training (when I was but a wee 17-year-old baby, mind you) and have been married for twelve years. He's from Albania and he's awesome in every way.
- Hold on to your horses, 'cause here comes a whopper. We have six kids and we're open to more. (I'll give you a second to compose yourself.) Yep, we're THOSE Catholics. As Jim Gaffigan says, "There's no goalie."
- Another fun one: We're homeschoolers! This is our sixth year and we love it. I could go on for paragraphs, and possibly chapters, here. But I won't. We love it. It works for us. The end. (I'm always happy to answer questions, though! You can comment here or email me at ordinary(dot)days(at)hotmail(dot)com!)
Those are the basics, but I'll finish up with some random stuff about me.
- I've delivered newspapers and worked in a dry cleaners (both in high school), then I joined the Army and worked at a hotel's front desk. All very interesting ways to get to know people and get a kind of "Downton Abbey, below stairs" type of behind the scenes view on people's lives. I've got a million stories from those jobs. I've told a few before and, who knows, maybe I'll tell a few more in the future.
- I've got a dangerous love for Talenti gelato. It's a problem.
- I take boardgames, trivia, charades, karaoke, and the like very seriously. Don't cheat, bring your A game, and prepare to be annihilated.
So, yep. That's me. If you're an old reader (I love you!) or new (I love you, too!), grab something from the fridge (Let's see. I've got eggnog, beer, and Sierra Mist) get comfy (This is my imaginary bloody-land, so I'm going to say I've got beanbags, bearskin rugs, and waterbeds) and settle in. I'm back on the bloody-block and so happy you're here with me. :)