I'm stealing a bit of old-fashioned bloggy fun from one of my very first bloggy friends, Emily. Taking it back to that vintage 2009 vibe, for all you little whippersnappers! Feel free to do the same.
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Not my first name, but my middle name is my mom's name. And my confirmation name is Felicity after her, and because it means happiness.
WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Umm, geez, no clue on this one. Sorry.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
I have two types of handwriting; the honest kind and the kind I use when I want my writing to look pretty. Both completely different. You do that too, right?
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I don't do lunch meat. Does thinly-sliced smoked salmon count?
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Five. And no, I never call them the right name.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I think so, but I'd have to keep some kind of a time-spent-together limit. I can be exhausting, I think.
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Sometimes, but I think I'm more likely to just make blatant one-liner jokes about things.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Indeed. But one is freakishly larger than the other and, according to multiple doctors, there is no reason or concern about it.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
You've got to be kidding. I'm not a thrill seeker. Just not the thing for me.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
There's some stuff called "Flax Plus" that comes in a bag with a green label. The yum factor is really cranked up when they throw in pumpkin seeds.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Most of my shoes don't have laces, but I don't untie them even when they do. I almost always have a child/bag of a child's stuff in my hands anyway. Untying shoes is for lazy people! (See #7)
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Yes! This is where I flex my floppy little arm and tell you about giving birth naturally 5 times.
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Starbucks Java Chip. Dude. Duuuuuuuude. It's good stuff.
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their attitude. No joke. I notice if you're smiling before I see what shirt you have on, or if your nose is stuck up in the air before I take a glance at your hair.
15. RED OR PINK?
Red. Bold. I like it.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
My complete and utter lack of patience.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Hmm, this is tough. I'm pretty happy in this arena. I mean, I'd love for my kids to be able to hang out with my Grandmas, but I am also blissfully happy knowing that they're in Heaven.
18. WHAT IS THE TECHNIQUE THAT YOU NEED TO WORK ON THE MOST?
Patience. And time management. And crocheting.
19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
I've got on gray socks at the moment. No shoes in the house, you know.
20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Pizza! It was a busy but fun day and not having to worry about making dinner was the icing on the cake.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
I'm listening to the sound of a fire crackling right next to me. It's insanely cold outside and if it wouldn't hurt so dang bad, I'd crawl right into the fireplace and cuddle up with the flaming logs.
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I think it's called Marigold. It's the yellow that's not neon bright, but more golden-ish.
23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
24. HOW IMPORTANT ARE YOUR POLITICAL VIEWS TO YOU?
Very. Very, very, very.
25. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE?
Either or! But if I had to choose? I'd go with the mountain hideaway because there'd be less drunk people in bikinis singing Jimmy Buffet songs walking by my windows.
26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
My boys wrestle and, so far, aren't big enough to make watching it completely terrifying.
27. HAIR COLOR?
Very dark brown.
28. EYE COLOR?
29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope. I wear glasses. And if I ever see you across a parking lot or an aisle or two away in Target and don't say hello? Don't be offended. I'm just blind and forgot my glasses that day.
30. FAVORITE FOOD?
So many things. But my wonderful husband has definitely turned me on the bliss that is Mediterranean food. Throw some olives, peppers, feta cheese and homemade bread at me and I'm a happy girl.
31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
This isn’t even up for debate one single bit. I don’t come near anything unhappy. (Completely stealing Emily's answer on this one. Verbatim.)
32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Forgiveness of Blood (It's an Albanian movie that played at Sundance. It's on Netflix right now and I highly recommend it.
33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
It's a stripey sweater from that $20 table of sweaters in the Target Juniors department. You know what I'm talking about.
34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Tiramisu. Or a gooey brownie. Or some cheesecake. Or pumpkin pie. So, pretty much anything.
36. STRENGTH TRAINING OR CARDIO?
Nothing formal for me, thanks. I'd prefer a hike around a lake. I guess that's cardio.
37. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION?
38. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
The Year of Living Dangerously by Quinn Cummings
39. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don't have one.
40. FAVORITE SOUND?
41. FAVORITE GENRE OF MUSIC?
Here comes the big cop-out: A little of everything!
42. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
I went on a week-long tour of Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Liechtenstein when I was 15.
43. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
No. Well, I do know a few words in Albanian and I can clear a jammed M-16. That's cool right?
44. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
45. WHERE ARE YOU LIVING NOW?
Very close to #44.
46. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR HOUSE?
In your dreams, stalkers! ;) It's beige-ish.
47. WHAT COLOR IS YOUR CAR?
48. DO YOU LIKE ANSWERING 48 QUESTIONS?
Yeah! It was fun.
Now it's your turn. Don't forget to let me know if you do!